cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

What files are needed to run 7912 & 7960 phone on CME

John Cheetley
Level 3
Level 3

We have existing sbin files for 7912 but am not sure if they're the correct files. And missing the ones for the 7960. Had them in storage but are looking to use them now

Can someone please advise

Thanks in advance

18 Replies 18

My employer has enrolled me into the ICND 1 & 2 course. Thought I would try to get a head start on this. Thats all. They wanted me to attempt to set this up to get some exposure.

John,

That is a great starting point.  However those classes will not go over CME.  They will assist with the router network setup but not the voice side or configuration.  If you wanted extra study material to look at check out the CCNA Voice cert material as well.

Also if you want to focus on CME only check out a book called Cisco IP Communications Express. It is a little out dated now but it is the book I used to learn cme.

Hope this helps!

Then you will have to befriend "CME administrator guide" and when it doesn't cover something, search forum.

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: