Views
Helpful
Replies

what firmware for 7912 phones in cucm 7.1.2

John Cheetley
Level 3
Level 3

Hi Team,

Please let me know if this is in the wrong section and will happily change.

Just trying to find out if am using the correct config files for 7912 phones in CUCM 7.1.2.

Is SIP based connection

I have done a show list tftp * page and shows CP7912080001SIP060412A.sbin file amongst a whole database full of files.

What other files are needed for this phone as I believe the CUCM is supported up to 11.5, so any 11.0 version is fine as below link shows..https://supportforums.cisco.com/t5/ip-telephony/cisco-ip-phone-7912g-highest-cucm-version-that-supports-it/td-p/3038446

Thanks in advance :) 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Sorry for the late reply. Been sick in bed..Thanks Jaime.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There is no right or wrong FW to be used when it comes to a certain CUCM release, that model has been EOS/EOL for many years, pretty sure all the files you can find at downloads are pretty old, go to the downloads sites and compare what you have Vs. whatever was the latest release that was published and then choose whether you want to try what is available online, if it's a newer release, or not.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Sorry for the late reply. Been sick in bed..Thanks Jaime.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: