Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

What is Cisco Unified Communication Manager Seat Licenses

I'm going to buy CallManager 7.0 with 2x7816 servers. I wonder what the "seat license" is? If I only buy Device Licenses for IP Phones, can the system works?

Thanks

• IP Telephony
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: What is Cisco Unified Communication Manager Seat Licenses

You will need to buy node licences, this allows you to run the CM software; one node licence for each CM in your cluster.

then buy an X amount of device units, depending on what devices you want to run and how many.

You can do the calculations by logging onto a CM and go to SYSTEM-->Licence calculator. this will show you the device units required per phone type

============================= Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below. =============================
1 REPLY

Re: What is Cisco Unified Communication Manager Seat Licenses

You will need to buy node licences, this allows you to run the CM software; one node licence for each CM in your cluster.

then buy an X amount of device units, depending on what devices you want to run and how many.

You can do the calculations by logging onto a CM and go to SYSTEM-->Licence calculator. this will show you the device units required per phone type

============================= Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below. =============================
Views
Helpful
Replies