cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

what is the diference of using DMA and Communicat Manager upgrade utility?

A custumer is about to migrate from CM 4.2 to 7.1, as far as I know so that I can get the license file I have to run DMA, but in the link https://tools.cisco.com/SWIFT/Licensing/PrivateRegistrationServlet?FormId=806.

where the license file is requested to paste the info generated by communication manager upgrade utility..??

Both application gets the same info???

Regards,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

mark.stephens
Level 1
Level 1

The upgrade utility is used to verify that the server meets the minimum requirement for the Cisco Unified Communications Manager version to which you are upgrading.

DMA actually exports the data and generates the license files needed to build the new version. Once you have the license file you need to submit it to cisco licensing to get a proper license file.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

mark.stephens
Level 1
Level 1

The upgrade utility is used to verify that the server meets the minimum requirement for the Cisco Unified Communications Manager version to which you are upgrading.

DMA actually exports the data and generates the license files needed to build the new version. Once you have the license file you need to submit it to cisco licensing to get a proper license file.

Mark,

Thanks a lot for your explanation.

Regards

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: