cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

When calling a Pilot Number, Unity Connection is not playing the Opening Greeting

rferriolo
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all:

A call is coming from the PSTN number 2065011000 and is being truncated by the Gateway to the 4 most significant digits. Looking at the translation pattern below, the idea is that if DIDs 1000 or 2000 are dialed, the number will be translated to 1850 which is the Pilot number and it is supposed to be transparently routed to the voicemail Opening Greeting, however instead of going to the Opening Greeting, it asks to “Spell the last and first name then press #

In Unity Connection, I edited the Alternate Greeting and recorded an Opening Greeting which when I press Play, rings a phone and plays the greeting, so the greeting is working (See the screenshot below)

When I ran Remote Port Status Monitor, after the Attempt Sign In, it enters the Name Lookup handler (see the screenshot below)

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Ron

================================================================================================

TRANSLATION PATTERN

TRANSLATION PATTERN.pngTRANSLATION PATTERN-1.png

====================================================================================

EDIT GREETING (ALTERNATE)

EDIT GREETING ALTERNATE.pngEDIT GREETING ALTERNATE-1.png

======================================================================================

REMOTE PORT STATUS MONITOR OUTPUT

04:22:56, New Call, CalledId=1850,  RedirectingId=,  Origin=16,  Reason=1, 

CallGuid=2DBFADFBADF9499EBE590C16B030E511,  CallerName=Seattle US Phone,  LastRedirectingId=, 

LastRedirectingReason=1024,  PortDisplayName=PhoneSystem-1-001,[Origin=Unknown],[Reason=Direct]

04:22:56, AttemptSignIn

04:22:56, State - AttemptSignIn.cde!Dummy

04:22:56, Event is [NULL]

04:22:56, AD

04:22:56, Entering Name Lookup Handler: System Directory Handler

04:22:56, State - AD.cde!TurnOffNameAdded

04:22:56, Event is [NULL]

04:22:56, State - AD.cde!AddrSearcher

04:22:57, -->ADAddrSearchConv

04:22:57,         State - ADAddrSearchConv.cde!PlayAllNames

04:22:57,         Event is [NULL]

04:22:57,         State - ADAddrSearchConv.cde!AskForInput

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

garethpeart
Level 3
Level 3

Ron,

How about instead of pointing your DID translation to the VM Pilot number , point it to a dummy number with a CTI route point doing a CF to VM.

On CUC, create a new system call handler with the same dummy number you just created, record a standard greeting and choose the sign in conversation in the after greetings setting.

Just my 2 cents

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Does the directory handler have extension 1000 or 2000 assigned to it?

Quickest thing would be to change that to something else as then the call should by default go to opening greeting.

Another method would be to make 1850 or another DN a CTI RP set to call forward all to VM.

Chris

Hi Chris:

The DTMF Access ID on the Directory Handler is a random number that's not being used. How would I make a CTI Route Point using the same DN as the Pilot Number?

Thanks,

Ron

You would not use the same one, using something that is not defined in UCXN would force the call to go to opening greeting.

Chris

Ron,

in order to land 1850 to CUC, you can also add a dummy phone, with 1850 as the extension, and call forward all that extension to your VM pilot.  Then in CUC set up a forwarded routing rule that forwards the call to 1850 to the call handler you want  (send call to "

=============================
Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below. 

=============================

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

In UC, I created a Direct Call Routing Rule with the Call Handler pointing to the Opening Greeting. In CUCM, I created a dummy phone and also tried a CTI Route Point with Forward All to the Pilot Number 1850. Still having the same issue...

Thanks,

Hi Ron,

I think one thing to keep in mind is that this would be a "forwarded"

call and thus a Forwarded routing rule. Don't forget about the top down nature

of the rules as well.

Cheers!

Rob

"Why do the best things always disappear " 

- The Band

garethpeart
Level 3
Level 3

Ron,

How about instead of pointing your DID translation to the VM Pilot number , point it to a dummy number with a CTI route point doing a CF to VM.

On CUC, create a new system call handler with the same dummy number you just created, record a standard greeting and choose the sign in conversation in the after greetings setting.

Just my 2 cents

Thanks Gareth, that was a great fix and thanks to all who helped to isolate this issue !!!!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: