cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

When do we need Conference bridge in Network ?

wahidayat007
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Can some one give a detail in a simple words, on which occasion do we need to install conference bridge ?

Can't we have a video conference without a conference bridge between Cisco IP video or in a multi vendor Video IP Phone ?

Thnaks

6 Replies 6

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Obviously if you want to make a conference you need one, simply put

If you press conference on an IP Phones, you need one.

If you want Meet-me, you need one

If you want several codecs to join, HW CFB

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

zooompilot
Level 1
Level 1

To have simple voice-only conferencing, Callmanager provides software "meet-me" functionality out of the box. If you have high density conferencing needs you need Meetingplace.

If you want to do video conferencing you need Cisco IPVC MCU.

If you need transcoding you need DSP resources for voice /video which can be accomplished via a voice gateway or MCU.

You need to tell us what kind of conferencing and how many participants for us to make a proper recommendation

zooompilot
Level 1
Level 1

To have simple voice-only conferencing, Callmanager provides software "meet-me" functionality out of the box. If you have high density conferencing needs you need Meetingplace.

If you want to do video conferencing you need Cisco IPVC MCU.

If you need transcoding you need DSP resources for voice /video which can be accomplished via a voice gateway or MCU.

You need to tell us what kind of conferencing and how many participants for us to make a proper recommendation

Thanks very much for your kind information. In your details, I would need the call manager software meet me option. Can we put security on meet me option, e.g if I configure a meet me extension and if some one join the conference then he/she should enter the pin first, to join the conference ?

No, CUCM meet-me does not have security, if you can dial it, you can join.

The only other option is use Unity or CUC to join, but that also does not provide a PIN. Just announces the caller and you decide if you allow or deny entrance.

Plenty of examples of that in NetPro if you use the Search NetPro option.

HTH

java

HTH

java

Thanks Javalenc for you kind help!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: