cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Where do i get Load file for CP-CKEM-C, Expansion module of 9500

azeemo157
Level 1
Level 1

I have plugged in a CP-CKEM-C to a 9500 IP Phone, as an expansion module. The module comes up but it doesn show on the phone. I guess it is due to the load file but i cannot find this load file anywhere in cisco. Please help.

7 Replies 7

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Well first I presume you mean the 9900 or 9800 series phone; there is no 9500 series.

The firmware for the Key Expansion Modules is bundled into the base phone firmware for both the 8900 and 9900 series. The release notes state this from 9.0(1) forward:

The firmware for the Cisco Unified IP Color Key Expansion Module is bundled with phone firmware 9.0(1). Once you load the firmware file for the Cisco Unified IP Phone, the expansion module is ready to support the relevant 9.0(1) features.

Where are you referring to when you state that "The module comes up but it doesn show on the phone"? Remember that you need to add the module on the Device Configuration page of CUCM Administration followed by an Apply Configuration/Reset. There are a few bugs that you may be running into as well:

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/BugToolKit/search/getBugDetails.do?method=fetchBugDetails&bugId=CSCtf66399

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/BugToolKit/search/getBugDetails.do?method=fetchBugDetails&bugId=CSCtf54554

If the configuration is correct and you have items assigned to the KEM, I suggest upgrading to the latest firmware to see if this resolves the issue.

9500 was a typo error :-)

than you for the reply. the phone is actually upgraded to the latest firmware 9.0(4). wat i meant was when it is connected to the phone it powers up, but on the device config page the lines dont show up.

Ah, that doesn't happen automatically. You need to tell CUCM the device has a KEM on it. About mid-way down the device configuration page you will see an Expansion Module Information section. Set Module 1 to CKEM 36-Button Line Expansion Module.

i did do tat. now my doubt is on the Module 1 load name should i give the same sip load info ?

i am using a 9951 series phone

You need to create Phone Button Template that will include the additional lines that exist on the side module.

Hi,

How do I do that? I'm facing the same with a 9971 I've added the expansion but I don't see the BLF on left side of the phone.

Best Regards,

Alcides