Views
Helpful
Replies

Where is PLM at BE6000?

Support Albakom
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

I deploy first time CUCM BE6000. We got a new C220M3 with BE6000 onboard. I want to install Communications Manager and Unity Connection. I've read the licensing in version 10 is going with Prime License Manager and not longer ELM. But I dont find any OVA or other to install this at the ESXi-datastore. I try some CUCM-CUC OVa-Templates but nothing of it provides me with the install of ELM or PLM like in version 9. Any hints for this? Or is there another procedure?

6 Replies 6

Support Albakom
Level 3
Level 3

I installed the CUCM and found PLM at the webpage. So is installed together with CUCM. At a cisco partner training we got the recommendation to install ELM or PLM as an own machine? Is that not up to date at a BE6000?

Hi,

you can refer the link 

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/12171721/cisco-prime-license-manager-instalation

redgs,

aman

If you wish to install standalone PLM you need to order it, as it's separate OVA and media, it's not included by default.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Cisco BE6000-M contains up to five applications: 4 collaborations + 1 provisioner. You are saying if the UCM server is installed then PLM is automatically installed too.

Should you install UCM/PLM + two collaboration applications plus 1 provisioner?

Yes, it is correct that co-resident PLM is installed automatically when you install CUCM. There is an option of installing PLM as a standalone product as well. Refer to below link for more details on the difference b/w coresident and standalone PLM

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/12171721/cisco-prime-license-manager-instalation

Since CM and PLM will reside together as one collaboration product. This leaves you with the option of installing 3 more collaboration prodcuts and 1 provisioner.

Regards

Deepak

Thanks Deepak,

I just installed the UCS server with four Collaboration machines plus one Provisioning machine version 10.5.2.10000-5 properly. When you install UCM and CUC, they are installed with PLM together.

UCM/PLM

CUC/PLM

CUP

CCX

PCP