Views
Helpful
Replies

Which interface-card for Netrunner SHDSL Modem

David Wagner
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

next week we plan to implement voip in our site in dubai/uae. we have a 2811 router with a vwic2-1mft-t1/e1 module. the provider supplied the pri-line (with 10 channels for voice) with a Keymile Netrunner SHDSL Modem (see attached image). but now, we don't know, whether we have the right interface-card for this modem. do we need the vwic-1mft-g703 (or vwic2-1mft-g703)??

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You are welcome.

Please review your use of the rating system, "3" is just "helpful", that is not in the class of advice that I strive to give - resolutive.

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi, you need VWIC-1MFT-E1, or VWIC2-1MFT-T1/E1. You do not need the part that ends with G703. You also need a minimum of PVDM2-16 DSP module.

Okay, we have those cards/modules. but the provider-technican said, that the 15pin port or coax-port are unstructured G.703 ports.

Hi, the technician is not expressing himself correctly.

G.703 specifies the standard for E1 and other, not matter if structured or unstructured.

G.704 specifies the framed or unframed format.

PRI is always framed, so just connected to the circuit, configure for PRI 10 timeslots, and it will work.

ok, this helps me a lot -thanks.

we've received the PRI10 for this location as ordered. Is that correct, that we have 10 64k frames?

ok, only for me - so that i better understand - in which situation we would use a vwic(2)-(x)mft-g703 module?

Yes. That is, you can do 10 calls on that PRI.

The -G703 part is required only with data (not voice) point-to-point, unframed circuits of 2048 Kbps.

Please remember to rate useful posts with the scrollbox below.

Thank you for your help. one another question. for the coax port - we can use the CAB-E1-RJ45BNC, right? but what kind of cable do we need for the 15 pin port - CAB-E1-PRI?

Yes, CAB-E1-PRI or make your own with a 15 pin connector that can be easily found.

thanks a lot for your help!

You are welcome.

Please review your use of the rating system, "3" is just "helpful", that is not in the class of advice that I strive to give - resolutive.