cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Which recording solution is better for Cisco Phone system?

hxmengmetro
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

We are considering to deploy a call recording system for our contact center. Which product do you know is widely used and have better review? I only kno NICE has one product for Cisco phone system. Any other solution?

Thanks a lot!!

Lou

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Lou,

I think I can reasonably speak for many of the main contributors to the NetPro forums when I tell you that we don't get paid for contributing to the forums.  We're here to give back a bit to the community as well as learn and help others at the same time.  But, we all have full-time gigs working either for Cisco directly or for various partners around the world.  What you really seem to want/need is for someone to flush out your requirements vs. the various recording solutions and make a final recommendation of "you should buy this"...which is a bit much for someone to undertake via NetPro.  There are many variables - your network topology, your multiple call centers, your shopping list of features, and so forth.  Here are my follow-up comments:

1) Do some initial research on each vendor for yourself.  Start to form an opinion on what you think may suit your needs and meet most of your requirements.  There are also many Call Center specialized recording applications that you may want to look into.  Given the info you provided, I can say you're likely to end up with multiple servers distributed across your environment and are possibly looking at a fairly pricey acquistition.

2) I can't provide an obligatory "what is best for you" answer because I don't know all the details and the forums aren't quite the venue for that either.  In the consulting world, this would be dipping into what we call the Project Discovery phase which is typically a funded block of hours (sometimes quite a large block depending on what needs to be considered) to gather all the information needed to start flushing out vendors.  You may want to consider an RFP-style submission to various vendors and have them respond back with what they can do vs. what you want and also they'll tell you what additional information is needed to determine how/or how they dont meet a need or specific needs.

3) Once you've learned a bit about the vendors and have an idea of how the technology works, you can come back to NetPro and I'm sure many of us can give you pros and cons or lessons learned on various products we've worked with - but it wouldn't be prudent for me to say "you should use X" because if you go with that vendor based solely on the limited knowledge I have of your environment and you think they suck, then in turn you will think that I suck, and even that NetPro sucks....a vicious cycle of bad press for everyone involved.

4) If you're uncomfortable doing research or just dont have the time, consider hiring a Cisco partner to assist you in forming your requirements and flushing out multiple solutions to find the BEST one for YOU.  I'm sure there are reputable partners in your area OR I can provide you can send me your contact info via private message and I can put you in touch with someone at my company to talk to you further about what is involved, how long the process may take, etc.

Long story short, I'd love to be able to say "this is the best for you" but I'm not sure that a question of this nature is best answered via NetPro.

Regards,

Hailey

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

David Hailey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Check out NICE, Witness, TelRex...they are all widely deployed.  Can't really say one is better than another - it depends on your requirements.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

Thanks a lot David. We have several contact centers and some remotes with some voip phones which need to recorded too. We would like have the below features:

1. Real-Time listen in the phone call.

2. On-Demand recorde function.

3. Advanced phone call recording search function.

4. Centralized storage for the recording.

5. Be able to analyze the call queue status. How many calls in queue, how many calls get serviced, the longest waiting time in the queue. I think these information can be reached through cisco IPCC.

6. Easy access to call recording log. Not going to a directory and open a log txt file. We want a web based interface to show the call recording log. Which extension gets recorded, which one has problem.

7. Web access to the call recording application/management.

8. Have failover capability. Like if our UCCM cluster failover to the other site. We want recording system failover to that back up site too.

9. RELIABILITY. We don't want to miss any call recording. Even the call with the caller id blocked.

I may come up with more feature wanted. But as for the above functions. Which product is more suitable for our needs? Thanks a lot for the help.

Lou

Another features:

10. Support Cisco Extension Mobility. Wherever the agent log in any phone with the same login id, the call recording for this agent should always be recorded under the same extension.

11. If the product can import the recordings in our old recording system to their product, that will be perfect. The database in old system is MSSQL.

Thanks.

Any comment? Thanks a lot!

Lou

Lou,

I think I can reasonably speak for many of the main contributors to the NetPro forums when I tell you that we don't get paid for contributing to the forums.  We're here to give back a bit to the community as well as learn and help others at the same time.  But, we all have full-time gigs working either for Cisco directly or for various partners around the world.  What you really seem to want/need is for someone to flush out your requirements vs. the various recording solutions and make a final recommendation of "you should buy this"...which is a bit much for someone to undertake via NetPro.  There are many variables - your network topology, your multiple call centers, your shopping list of features, and so forth.  Here are my follow-up comments:

1) Do some initial research on each vendor for yourself.  Start to form an opinion on what you think may suit your needs and meet most of your requirements.  There are also many Call Center specialized recording applications that you may want to look into.  Given the info you provided, I can say you're likely to end up with multiple servers distributed across your environment and are possibly looking at a fairly pricey acquistition.

2) I can't provide an obligatory "what is best for you" answer because I don't know all the details and the forums aren't quite the venue for that either.  In the consulting world, this would be dipping into what we call the Project Discovery phase which is typically a funded block of hours (sometimes quite a large block depending on what needs to be considered) to gather all the information needed to start flushing out vendors.  You may want to consider an RFP-style submission to various vendors and have them respond back with what they can do vs. what you want and also they'll tell you what additional information is needed to determine how/or how they dont meet a need or specific needs.

3) Once you've learned a bit about the vendors and have an idea of how the technology works, you can come back to NetPro and I'm sure many of us can give you pros and cons or lessons learned on various products we've worked with - but it wouldn't be prudent for me to say "you should use X" because if you go with that vendor based solely on the limited knowledge I have of your environment and you think they suck, then in turn you will think that I suck, and even that NetPro sucks....a vicious cycle of bad press for everyone involved.

4) If you're uncomfortable doing research or just dont have the time, consider hiring a Cisco partner to assist you in forming your requirements and flushing out multiple solutions to find the BEST one for YOU.  I'm sure there are reputable partners in your area OR I can provide you can send me your contact info via private message and I can put you in touch with someone at my company to talk to you further about what is involved, how long the process may take, etc.

Long story short, I'd love to be able to say "this is the best for you" but I'm not sure that a question of this nature is best answered via NetPro.

Regards,

Hailey

Thanks a lot David for your true advice. Lots of information for me about how to process this research. I think I need spend some time to research each product. If possible, I may contact these companies to answer my questions. We did contact our cisco rep for this but we want to do more our own research.

Really appreciate your input here. Not only you but also the other nice pro here. Thanks! I will follow up this post later when we decide which one we choose. Let's see.

Lou

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: