cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Why does Call Park have different MoH than regular Hold?

scott.hammond
Level 1
Level 1

and more importantly how do I change it?

6 Replies 6

virverma
Level 4
Level 4

I hope this answers....

Music on hold allows users to place calls on hold with music that a streaming source provides. Music on hold allows two types of hold:

•User hold-The system invokes this type of hold when a user presses the Hold button or Hold softkey.

•Network hold-This type of hold takes place when a user activates the transfer, conference, or call park feature, and the hold automatically gets invoked.

To add or change the MOH you need to do the following:

1. Obtain the audio file for MOH (.wav or mp3).

2. Drop your audio file into:

(depending on ccm version)

C:\Program Files\Cisco\MOH\DropMOHAudioSourceFilesHere or

C:Cisco\DropMOHAudioSourceFilesHere

3. CCM > Service > Media Resource > Music On Hold Audio Source

MOH Audio Stream Number = chose a number that is not in use, see the

left hand screen to

see the numbers in use

MOH Audio Source File = select the file you want

MOH Audio Source Name = use the same name as above

Repeat = check

4. CCM > System > Device Pool > select device pool of phones you want to

change

> "User Hold MOH Audio Source" and "Network Hold MOH Audio Source" = change

to file you

Want

Thanks but I dont have the option for user and network in the device pool. Only the Media Resource Group.

I have set the network and user source on the end device and it still has the wrong MoH for parks.

So I am trying to set up a different MRGL only to find out I cant see a way to set up a second MoH server to add to it with only the audio file I want.

Which begs the question, when you have 3 files in the MoH which one will it use as a default for Park?

Sorry I forgot to mention I had defined user and network music at the device level without success.

Also I am on 6.1 if that makes a difference.

Cisco created something called Common Device Profile in 4.2 onwards and then removed it at CUCM 5 as 5 was based upon CCM 4 which did not have the profile and reapplied it again later as 6 is based upon 4.2. onwards - If I remember correctly. You used to have the common device profile at a DP level as well as at Device Level ???? however now at 6.X is seems to have been removed and only applied at the device level. The ideal is that a device can have the MOH settings either per device or via a Common profile so if a department, building requires a change of MOH, Hold etc then by assigning different profiles across the locations, buildings etc allows to change them in groups. By default there is no Common Device Profile

Interesting, and I thought for a second you had it.

Confirmed there is no device profile setting for the DP, so the only place the user/network MoH is defined is the actual device.

So I dont quite understand with the User and Network sources set to the same thing why am I getting the correct one on user hold and the system default on call parks?

It almost acts like a code bug.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: