cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Why no gkdefault.cfg ?

ajenks
Level 1
Level 1

I have has a problem for sometime where if I look in the tftp trace logs, I see phones saying they can't find either a specific .cfg, or the gkdefault.cfg. I have wondered why this is, but I doesn't appear to cause a problem.

I want to be able to make minor changes to some of my handsets through the web interface and this requires that UIPassword be set in the .cfg - which currently does not exist.

When should this have been created ? Where can I get a replacement from ? Will this alter the behaviour of the the phone significantly ?

Although we apply fairly regular firmware updates, the file does not appear to be included in these.

As we are in the UK. I am not convinced that the correct locales have been installed (and that they are English/American). However I am confused between the CM locale installer and the locale installer for Phones - both of which appear to fail when I run them.

I am not sure whether this issue is connected.

1 Reply 1

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

That is the primary phone configuration file, and is not generated by the call manager, because for regular operation, is not needed.

If you want to play with that (not recommended unless you know what you're doing), download the "7906/7912" phone tools from CCO, and is all explained in there.

All the above is not related to locales.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!