cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Why was the 8.4(1) SR1 phone firmware deferred?

James Hawkins
Level 8
Level 8

Hi all,

I am doing a review of a customers CUCM system and have found that the firmware that they are running on there 7975G IP phones has been deferred.

I noticed this on the download page where 8.4(1)_SR1 has been moved to the deferred releases section.

I have been trying to find out whhen it was deferred and for what reason but cannot find information on this. If anyone can point me to alink explaining this I would be most grateful.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi James,

If you click on the software to try and download it, it will give you the error.

It is : CSCsu93940

P phone fails to register to Windows Call Manager in mixed mode

Note: This firmware has been deferred due to the discovery that when upgrading to this firmware, and attempting to register the IP phones to a Windows based Call Manager operating in security mixed mode. The IP phones fail to register. If the Windows based Call Manager is converted to non-secure mode, the IP phones will register successfully.

This firmware deferral applies only to the following IP phone models :-

7906, 7911, 7931, 7941, 7942, 7945, 7961, 7962, 7965, 7970, 7971, 7975

One of the other fairly prominent bugs was this one: CSCsu61412

hth,

nick

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Hi,

When I looked at this, there was a bug pertaining to secure registration with CCM 4.x clusters.

There were also a few other major issues, one of which I worked with pretty heavily. This one is bad enough to stay off of it by itself: CSCsv04751

If you move to 8.4.2 or later I think you'll have better success with this.

hth,

nick

Thanks for the reply Nick. I was not expecting any responses until Monday so it is much appreciated.

The DTMF bug looks nasty.

Do you have bug ID's for any of the other problems you found?

thanks

James

Hi James,

If you click on the software to try and download it, it will give you the error.

It is : CSCsu93940

P phone fails to register to Windows Call Manager in mixed mode

Note: This firmware has been deferred due to the discovery that when upgrading to this firmware, and attempting to register the IP phones to a Windows based Call Manager operating in security mixed mode. The IP phones fail to register. If the Windows based Call Manager is converted to non-secure mode, the IP phones will register successfully.

This firmware deferral applies only to the following IP phone models :-

7906, 7911, 7931, 7941, 7942, 7945, 7961, 7962, 7965, 7970, 7971, 7975

One of the other fairly prominent bugs was this one: CSCsu61412

hth,

nick

Nick,

I did not realise the deferral notice would be displayed if I tried to download the software. Many thanks for putting me on the right path.

Rob,

Thanks to you too for your valuable input. I will be talking to the customer about patching their system and upgrading phone loads so the list of bugs is really good to have.

cheers

James

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi James,

Here are 4 more pretty crazy 8.4(1) bugs;

CSCsl29926

CSCsm74158

CSCsu27965

CSCsk99172

There are 613 8.4(x) related bugs in total (yikes!)

Hope this helps!

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: