Views
Helpful
Replies

WIC-1DSU-T1 Back-to-Back for PSTN Failover

Jelani_DTE_PRO
Level 1
Level 1

Hello!

I am trying to simulate a PSTN Failover, via the Back-to-Back configuration of WIC-1DSU-T1 modules. On one of my 1760 gateways, I've left its service-module settings at the default and configured it to provide clocking. On the other gateway, I've changed its clock source service-module parameter from line to internal. However, when I shutdown the session target port on either of the two routers and try making a call to the remote side via the WIC-1DSU-T1 modules, I get a busy signal after H.225 has done its thing {timed out after 15 seconds}.

Any ideas to what I am not doing and/or should do, to get this to work?

Thanks!

6 Replies 6

asandborgh
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

A bit confused here -

You mention using it as a PSTN emulator, as in a voice circuit?  If so the card does not support voice, only data traffic as it is a WIC and not a VWIC or VIC.  If you are trying to pass VoIP traffic across it perhaps you can share the associated configuration.

Thanks,

Art

Art:

Sorry for the confusion...and, thanks for the clarification! So, the following default service-module WIC-1DSU-T1 settings, are only good for data?

service-module t1 clock source line

service-module t1 timeslots 1-24 speed 64

service-module t1 framing esf

service-module t1 linecode b8zs

Thanks!

Jelani

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

As Art told you already, the module you're using does not support voice.

I get it...thanks all!

P., your reply be my edit!

Jelani

Jelani,

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.  My understanding is that the card was never intended nor designed to utilize DSPs, which you must have for each channel for a voice interface card.

HTH,

Art

FYI - From an old MFT document:

https://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/routers/ps274/product_data_sheet09186a0080091b9c_ps259_Products_Data_Sheet.html

Table 2. Multiflex VWIC Feature Comparison and Cisco IOS Release Requirements

Data Support WIC mode

Voice Support VIC Mode

Add/Drop Multiplexing

Unframed E1 G.703

Channel Groups on One Port

Management and Diagnostics

WIC-1DSU-T1

Yes

No

No

No

No

Yes

VWIC-1MFT-T1

Yes

Yes

No

No

Yes3

Yes4 ,5 ,6

VWIC-2MFT-T1

Yes

Yes

No

No

Yes3

Yes4, 5, 6

VWIC-2MFT-T1-DI

Yes

Yes

Yes7

No

Yes3

Yes4, 5, 6

VWIC-1MFT-E1

Yes

Yes

No

No

Yes3

Yes4, 5, 6

VWIC-2MFT-E1

Yes

Yes

No

No

Yes3

Yes4, 5, 6

VWIC-2MFT-E1-DI

Yes

Yes

Yes7

No

Yes3

Yes4, 5, 6

VWIC-1MFT-G7038

Yes

Yes

No

Yes

Yes3

Yes4, 5, 6

VWIC-2MFT-G7039

Yes

Yes

Yes7

Yes

Yes3

Yes4, 5, 6

Art:

That's good news! I'm still in learning mode. So, whatever helpful feedback I'm able to get, increases my learning curve!

On another note, I'm just glad you had the time and patience to provide an answer to a question that probably should have been obvious...given the lack of a preceding "V" on WIC.

Jelani

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: