cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

will unity failover server disrupt MWI delivery?

dchen0999
Level 1
Level 1

Please kindly point me to Cisco doc if unity failover server in active will disrupt MWI delivery.

That is, I have a hard drive failure on primary unity and needs to hot swap and rebuild the drive on primary unity.

If I want to do unity failover, will secondary unity prevents or disrupts MWI delivery?

Thanks for your kind help and

Have a nice day to All.

3 Replies 3

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If Unity will failover, MWI will still work, but i would recommend sycning the MWI's in the AM hours.

I have MWI sync early am everyday.

BTW: when unity is failed edover to secondary unity, will MWI delivery be delayed in real time for all user voicemails to arrive and to be delivered in norml state like primary unity does?

Thanks tcatlinins, appreciate your great help.

It will still be real time. Unity Failover is an exact copy of the primary server. It will still monitor Exchange for new Voicemails, and signal to CCM MWIs at the phones. Just keep in mind that if the servers keep going between failover and primary. (flip flopping) your MWIs could become out of sync. This is where the MWI syncing in the AM is great.

I would highly recommend running a test of your failover configurations after hours. Run Failover Monitor on the Primary Unity server, Force Failover, test voicemail and MWI.

Cheers!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: