Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

winmgmt cause CPU spike

Hi all,

Have anyone got problem with winmgmt.exe process in Call Manager ?

Currently I'm using CCM 4.1(3)SR4D. I know that the cause of winmgmt spiking is the monitoring software Cisco Unified Operations Manager 2.0. Currently I disable the WMI service in Call Manager, but as a result my monitoring service doesn't work. Any solution so Call Manager and monitoring software can both work without disturbing each other ? This is quite a dilemma.

Great thanks all.

Wiyandi

• IP Telephony
4 REPLIES

Re: winmgmt cause CPU spike

There is a known bug, fixed in new versions of the OS 2000.4.X. If you have the latest version and the problem still occurs open a TAC case.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/830075

Hi,

I have checked my servers, and the logging level is already set at "Errors only", but the problem still occurs. I'm using OS 2000.2.7.

Thanks.

Wiyandi

Hi,

Have you already resolve this issue because im also having same problem but for me I installed Operation manager 2.0.1.

I appreciate if you help me.

Thanks

We have had problems with winmgmt.exe spikes caused by CUOM, and I think we are finally over them. There are at least two bugs that could be leading to your problems...

CCM OS - as referenced above you need to upgrade your OS (via the Cisco provided upgrades, and patches) to cover for the Microsoft bug. I am now on 2000.4.4aSR10

CUOM interoperability - the bug CSCsh75491 (in new Bug Tool) specifically references CUOM causing the CPU spike. I did the work-around, and have since upgraded from 2.0.0 to 2.0.1 on CUOM to get the bug fix.

Here is a link to the CUOM bug...

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/BugToolKit/search/getBugDetails.do?method=fetchBugDetails&bugId=CSCsh75491

I hope this helps,

--Joe

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.