Views
Helpful
Replies

Wonder Conference Maxsession defined in Dspfarm profile in VG

zhangjianping
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,sir.

I'm wondering what the max session below is defined?

dspfarm profile 1 conference

maximum sessions 2

associate application SCCP.

Since according to Cisco DOC,Conferencing is statically defined, and a C5510 DSP that is configured as a conferencing resource cannot serve any other function.

And also,the conference capabilities per DSP is below,

Device:C5510 (G.711 only)

Maximum Conferences:8

Maximum Participants per Conference:8

SO I don't the max session here is the quantity of conference or DSP or C5510?

BTW, based the conference capabilities per DSP is below,

Device:C5510 (G.711 only)

Maximum Conferences:8

Maximum Participants per Conference:8

can i say 32 Conferencss and 8 Participants per Conference supported by PVDM2-64(PVDM2064 included 4DSPs)???

3 Replies 3

dsweeny
Level 3
Level 3

The total number of conferencing and transcoding sessions that can be configured on the gateway or router depends on the number of free Digital Signal Processors (DSPs) available.

The total number of channels consumed by two fully loaded T1 PRIs is 48 (24 x 2). Eight channels are consumed by the eight Foreign Exchange Station (FXS)/Foreign Exchange Office (FXO) ports, with one call per port. In total, there are 56 channels allocated to the current configurations.

A PVDM2-64 has four DSPs with 16 channels each, that provide 64 channels. Eight channels remain, which allows the configuration of one conference session with eight participants.

Also, refer to the DSP Calculator.

For more information on how many DSPs and channels are available in a new HD-PVDM, refer to High-Density Packet Voice Digital Signal Processor Modules.

mmertens
Level 1
Level 1

I second the question!!!! I've never received a straight answer as to the "max sessions" for a conference bridge profile is participants per session or number of sessions (with each containing 8 participants).

Please, if someone has the real answer, I'd appreciate it. I may actually sleep better at night. THANKS!

Max-sessions is the number of sessions. If max-sessions is 6 you can have 6 conference sessions at the same time. The dsp available in the gw decides your number of participants.