Views
Helpful
Replies

Workspace Licens

haouaswajih
Level 3
Level 3

Hi all,

We have Cisco unified communication manager 6.0 cluster, Cisco Unified presence server and cisco unfied meeting place express.

We have more than 250 user, so we are planning to use workspace licenses. I don't have a clear idea about this license.

In fact, i wonder if i have to enter the license in Cisco unfied communication manager, in cisco meeting place and in cisco unified presence server separately???

Is it the same licens that should be entered to each server?

I don't have a clear idear about the workspace license upgrade.Could you please help me ASAP.

Thanks in advance.

3 Replies 3

Eugene Cheng
Level 1
Level 1

Hey, I'm just setting up a new CUCM6.1 with new CUWL licenses and am in the learning stages too.

From what I know, the licenses are all seperate for CUCM, Unity, Presence and Meeting Place. Cisco would give you 4 different license PAK codes and you would need to go to the Cisco Licensing page to get the license files for each of them.

For the new CUCM6, you would need to upload the license file so that you have the sufficient DLU to configure the phones.

One of the issue i had was that Cisco gave us the wrong versions and wrong number of ports but once that was fixed, the licenses got installed pretty quickly.

HTH,

Eugene

Hi eugene.cheng,

Thank you very much for your help.

Are you talking about wokspace license ?? beacause in usual case cisco would send us 4 different license PAK, but in Workspace licensing i don't know how is going to be?

Is cisco going to send me a unique "workspace" license file, or a package named 'workspace' that would contain 4 pak ??

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

Yes, that is the same. In my setup, we actually purchased CUWL licenses and Cisco sent us 4 PAK codes. So we had to go to Cisco Licensing and get the 4 license keys to apply them to the appropriate servers.

CUCM, Unity, Meeting Place and Presence if i'm not wrong.

:)

Eugene