Views
Helpful
Replies

Wrong time on 7961

James Gladwell
Level 1
Level 1

I am running CUCM 8.6

This phone is in the same device pool as all the others in the clinic, and when I stare and compare to another phone, all of the device settings look the same.

This phone is displaying UTC time, all the others are displaying Central US time.

7 Replies 7

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Are you running SCCP or SIP firmware?

What firmware version?

Chris

SCCP

I see this in the Status Message screen of the phone's web server:

9:12:09p SEP001C58A3115E.cnf.xml
 9:12:10p Load Authenication Failed SCCP41.9-3-1SR1-1S
 9:12:16p Error Updating Locale
 9:12:19p Error Updating Locale
 9:12:07p File Not Found : CTLFile.tlv
 9:12:08p No CTL installed
 9:12:08p SEP001C58A3115E.cnf.xml
 9:12:09p Load Authenication Failed SCCP41.9-3-1SR1-1S
 9:12:14p Error Updating Locale
 9:12:18p Error Updating Locale

Hi, 

You need to erase the CTL and ITL file from the ip phone.

Procedure is Go to Security Configuration > Trust List > ITL File - "More"  and "erase" (**# to unlock).

OR 

Complete factory reset will also do.

Power off the phone.

Hold down the # key.

While holding #, connect an AC adaptor to the phone.

Continue to hold # until the line buttons blink amber.

Release the # key.

Enter 123456789*0#

Regards,

Raaj.

Hi 

Before performing the factory reset check the port configuration (VLAN), I hope there is reachability issue between the phone and TFTP server which states Load Authendication failed, if the port configuration looks fine, same as other phones, then proceed for the factory reset.

Raaj, let me know am i right

Hi Nagarajan,

I'm not saying your wrong, but assume if the TFTP server is same as pub/sub then the reachabitiy issue won't be there because here the phone can make calls.

I had the same issue with one my client and solution i performed was just erased the CTL file and all went good.

However I did not considered your mentioned scenario, may be Gladwelljn can help us to know more on this.

Regards,

Raaj.

Sorry for the long delay - 

The pub is the TFTP server, I do not think that reaching the TFTP server is the issue.

I tried looking for the CTL file and was not able to see it in the menu.  I tried a factory reset and the phone seems to be bricked - it will not fully boot now.

I replaced that phone with a different one and will continue to try to get this one to boot, and whenever I have this problem again, I will look for the CTL file.

If after factory reset, IP phone is not coming up..in this case IP phone require an IP from DHCP server so you should have a DHCP server in your network.

Please follow one of below procedure..

http://www.zenbix.com/cisco/how-to-fix-upgrading-blank-screen-on-cisco-ip-7961g-7941g-7970.html

Suresh