cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

X is replaced as digit 9

balukr
Level 2
Level 2

We have a customer with 8.6 CUCM and CUPS 8.6, CUCM is integrated with their AD where they have all their employees extension as X1234. All works fine when you use a phone and regular CUPC client for Windows but they have some MAC users using Jabber client , when they search directory on Jabber and dial, X is replaced as 9 so it it dials "91234" for internal call and fails. Is there any way we can fix this without changing that X in AD.?

Thanks for your help.

5 Replies 5

Brian Meade
Level 7
Level 7

You could use a translation pattern to strip the 9.

I know we can do that but they dial 9 for outbound calls if I use a pattern with 9xxxx stripping 9 all the outbound calls will try to dial only 4 digit and might stop or there may be delays with interdigit timeouts.

If you put the Jabber Clients in a separate device calling search space, there should not be any issues as these are SIP clients so they will not get secondary dialtone unless it is configured on the client.  SIP messaging is sent with the entire dialed number rather than digit-by-digit like in SCCP.

Thanks for your quick response. Yes I was planning to do the same as workaround but I wanted to know why this was adding 9 so we can fix it permanently if there is a solution. Thanks for your help again.

do you have any application dial rules configured in CUCM that might adding the 9 ?