cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Live 2012 IPv6 course difference/similarity

Hank Keleher
Level 1
Level 1

I'm currently signed up for both BRKRST-2301, Enterprise IPv6 Deployment and BRKRST-2311, IPv6 Planning, Deployment and Operation Considerations.  They appear to be very similar to each other but does anyone know?  Am I better off chosing a different session and only going to on of these?  If so which one?

My company will be deploying IPv6 dual-stack next year.  We currently have it deployed in one of our small remote branch offices that needed it for development but we'd like to roll it out globally including our data center.  We're roughly a 1500 employee company with approximately 20 offices worldwide.

Thanks!

2 Replies 2

jimbaile
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Both presentations do have areas that overlap, but they also go into details at different points.  I co-present the BRKRST-2311 session and we tend to go into deployment planning, getting yourself organized around the integration process and pitfalls and technicall issues in the process to look for.  BRKRST-2301 goes into some of the technical details behind behind IPv6 deployment for an Enterprise organization.  We work with the presnter for BRKRST-2301 and we've tried to make the two sessions complimentary and avoid overlap as much as possible, but both sessions will overlap in some areas.  Which one you might choose to attend will depend on what you need to get out of the session. I think both sessions are valuable and have good info but I am a bit biased. 

Thanks for the feedback!  I had to reschedule an exam and it conflicted with the 2311 course but I didn't want to miss it if there was significant value over 2301.  However, I really want to get that cert and didn't want to hold until Thursday.

Thanks again!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: