Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

IPv6 Inter-Vlan Routing 5596/3750-x

We have a Nexus 5596 with L3 card, which I believe won't be able to handle IPv6 inter-vlan routing until September (according to the roadmap).

We also have a stack of 3750-Xs with IP services licenses, with the SDM set to dual stack.

I have IPv6 addresses on each VLAN on the Nexus, which is providing stateless autoconfiguration of my global addresses to our clients, and seems to be working fine.  My hope was to offload the inter-vlan routing to the 3750-Xs until the Nexus product catches up.  However, although my clients can hit the Nexus on their VLANs, and the Nexus and the 3750-Xs can hit each other on their VLANs, the clients can't ping the 3750-Xs.

I'm assuming I'm missing something obvious as this should all be L2 connectivity?    I have a limited understanding of this functionality on these products, but am assuming that the Nexus is not handing ND's from the clients over to the Xs?   Suggestions appreciated!

C

Views
Helpful
Replies