Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Bronze

LISP IPv4 EID as NAT64

I am trying to do NAT64 with LISP EID space. Is it supported?

Attached is my configuration.

I am using a tunnel brocker service for pure IPv6 connectivity. I want to do a stateless NAT64 for connectivity with IPv4 internet. The IPv4 prefix that I am using for NAT64 to map IPv4 to IPv6 is EID space from LISP beta network. The reason why I would like to do this is for mobility and not having to run dual stack on server which servers guys are most afraid of. If I do not add a Null0 route for EID space, "lig self ipv4" fails. If I add it then NAT64 fails because I get "Destination host unreachable message" while pinging to IPv4 EID space.

Any thoughts suggestions?

4 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

LISP IPv4 EID as NAT64

If you add "no ip unreach" on null0 interface - this would turn "drop + send unreachable" into simply "drop" - which should make the hosts happy ?

Bronze

LISP IPv4 EID as NAT64

I do not want that packet to drop I want to decapsulate LISP packets destined to 153.16.31.82 then traslate into

2001:470:1D:A8B:250:56FF:FE01:487. I do not see anything in debug nat64 translations.

Cisco Employee

LISP IPv4 EID as NAT64

I was alluding to the fact that you said the hosts complain about the "Destination host unreachable message" - and my thinking was that if the unreachable is the only artifact that prevents this from working, disabling it under null0 might help. But I think it was a bit more of a haphazard idea - if the LISP did pick up the packet, it probably would not have hit the code that generates the unreachable ? Anyway worth the quick try if you already have the setup.

Bronze

LISP IPv4 EID as NAT64

No help.

MHS-CSR1000v-test#config t

Enter configuration commands, one per line.  End with CNTL/Z.

MHS-CSR1000v-test(config)#int null0

MHS-CSR1000v-test(config-if)#no ip unreachables

MHS-CSR1000v-test(config-if)#end

MHS-CSR1000v-test#wr

Building configuration...

[OK]

MHS-CSR1000v-test#debug nat64 all

NAT64 debugging is on

MHS-CSR1000v-test#term mon

Views
Helpful
Replies