Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

A list of supported Android Phones for Cisco Jabber Client.

Hi there,

I opened a discussion before about the Cisco Jabber Client for Android phones.

This product from Cisco is only official support bij a several mobile Android telephones. (very poor)

As everyone knows is that the mobile market is continious in development. Since a half year the official support phone list is still the same, but a lot of new Adroid phones are now on the market.

It's even so worse that some of the Cisco supported phones, are not available anymore in the market.

- Samsung Galaxy S2 becomes a Samsung Galaxy S3

- Samsung Galaxy TAB is still there

- Samsung Galaxy S (are not available anymore) The S1 or S Plus are now becoming the Samsung Galaxy S Advanced.

At what are the alternatives?

Still the list on the documentation is out-dated.

See:

Samsung Galaxy S International (GT-I9000) with Android operating system (OS) Version 2.2.1 or 2.3

• Samsung Galaxy Tab International (GT-P1000) with Android 2.2.1 or 2.3
  • Samsung Galaxy S II (AT&T) with Android 2.3

To use Cisco Jabber for Android on the Samsung Galaxy S device, it is important that you upgrade your handset OS to Android Version 2.2.1 or 2.3. See the manufacturer/carrier site for more information about how to update the OS on your device. Minor voice quality issues may be experienced depending on the device used.

So hopefully Cisco is still working on the Cisco Jabber solution, and a lot of mobile Android phones will be supported so the road to success will be open.

Hopefully someone can help me to list of tested and supported phones (Official bij Cisco)

Kind regards,

Edgar

3 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

The official list of tested Android phones is what you've already discovered.  With the next release of Cisco Jabber for Android, I'm sure it will be updated.

While the official list of what we tested is short, the client will work on many Android devices and TAC will provide support if you run into technical issues; provided the issue is with the Cisco Jabber client itself, and not with the OS of the manufacturer.

If there is a specific Android phone you are looking to have officially tested by Cisco, PM me with that information and I'll work with you to see what we can do to get it added.

Hi guys, dou you have any update regarding the supported phones. There is massive costumer demand for that.

Hi,

Till today no response received from Cisco regarding a upgraded list of Android phones.

At the moment they are busy with a new version which will support more standard Android phones.

Till that time, we must wait..

Views
Helpful
Replies