cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Adding iPad3 to CUCM 8.6 device list?

BrianChernish
Level 1
Level 1

We have CUCM 8.6 installed in house and I have successfully connected iPhone and Droid phones, however I have been unable to get my iPad3 configured as an endpoint. I have the most recent Jabber for iPad installed on the iPad but when I go to CUCM to add the device iPad is not one of the options. I can add the iPad as an iPhone, but video is not an option.

Is there a device pack which I will need to add to CUCM? I was under the impression that device support for iPad3 was included in the 8.6 release.

Thanks,

Brian

9 Replies 9

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

What software have you installed on the iPad?

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

I installed the Cisco Jabber for iPad from the Apple App Store

Are you sure? I didn't think it was released yet... there is Jabber for iPhone which you would add as a 'Dual Mode for iPhone' device?

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

What I downloaded from the App Store is simply called "Cisco Jabber"  I was showing as an iPad App.  the version number on what I have installed is : 8.6.5.18781

Hi

THat's the same version as the iPhone app, which I don't think is a coincidence.

You should be able to tell as the iPhone app would display in a small iPhone sized window in the centre of the iPad screen, with a multiplier option on the bottom right.

Regards

Aaron

Yes you are right, it does display in a small iPhone sized window in the centre of the iPad screen, with a multiplier option on the bottom right!

Has there been any indication when the 'true' iPad App will come?

Hi

Soon I believe - however what functionality it will give remains to be seen. There's not a huge amount of consistency accross the Jabber range...

Regards

Aaron Harrison

Principal Engineer at Logicalis UK

Please rate helpful posts...

With Cisco Jabber for iPad, you can:

• Maximize your reach  by communicating with business contacts  faster. Start a voice or video call, an  IM chat, or WebEx conference  with a single touch.
  • See your colleagues  face to face with high-quality video when you join a telepresence meeting from  your iPad.
  • Make faster, more  informed decisions by using presence information to access experts as soon as  they are available.
  • With the tap of a  button, escalate conversations to a Cisco WebEx meeting with voice, video, and  web conferencing.
  • Choose the best  provisioning model for your business by  deploying Cisco Jabber for iPad either  on premises or on demand as a  cloud-based service.

To learn when Cisco Jabber for iPad will be available for  ordering, please contact your account manager.

Hi Daniel

All well and good..  but:

1) When will it do all that? i.e. when will it be available?

2) Does it have AnyConnect built in in the first release?

3) When will iPhone/Android get the same features?

Aaron

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: