Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Android Jabber Conference and Transfer Calls

Hi All,

When I tried to transfer or add another person to the conference from Android Jabber, it directed me to the native dialer. When I put internal number through native dialer, it just failed since it won't work through cellular. Is there any idea why transfer and conference doesn't use Jabber dialer? I couldn't find any place on Jabber to change the phone integration part. Thanks!

Lou

• Jabber Clients
4 REPLIES

Hi Lou,

did you solve this issue, I'm facing the same now?

I believe this issue is caused by how Android is configured.

You will need to tell Android to allow you to Select the application you wish to use for dialing :

• From the Android home screen, go to Settings>Application Manager>Select 'All' from the top>Scroll down and click on the 'Phone' application>Click 'Clear Defaults'
  • The result of this will be that when a user dial any number from the native phone dialer application, they will be prompted to 'Complete action using Cisco Jabber or Phone' with the options 'Just Once' or 'Forever'
  • You will always need click 'Just Once'
  • In the Jabber application, make a call
  • Click 'Transfer'
  • In the native phone dialler application, dial the number that you wish to transfer
  • Click on the native dialler call button (the big green button)
  • Now select 'Complete action using Cisco Jabber' and click 'Just Once'
  • Jabber will complete the transfer

Thanks hanlykent. My "Phone" Application has the "Clear Defaults" greyed out. I can't click on that. Is there any other place to force the dialer to ask use Jabber application or not?

Thanks.

Lou

I have the same issue. I cleared the defaults on the Android Phone Application but when I try to transfer/add call the Android dialpad doesn't still give me a option to select Jabber or mobile network.

Views
Helpful
Replies