Views
Helpful
Replies

Android Jabber Conference and Transfer Calls

hxmengmetro
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

When I tried to transfer or add another person to the conference from Android Jabber, it directed me to the native dialer. When I put internal number through native dialer, it just failed since it won't work through cellular. Is there any idea why transfer and conference doesn't use Jabber dialer? I couldn't find any place on Jabber to change the phone integration part. Thanks!

Lou

4 Replies 4

ahmed_maher
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Lou,

did you solve this issue, I'm facing the same now?

hanlykent
Level 1
Level 1

I believe this issue is caused by how Android is configured.

You will need to tell Android to allow you to Select the application you wish to use for dialing :

• From the Android home screen, go to Settings>Application Manager>Select 'All' from the top>Scroll down and click on the 'Phone' application>Click 'Clear Defaults'
  • The result of this will be that when a user dial any number from the native phone dialer application, they will be prompted to 'Complete action using Cisco Jabber or Phone' with the options 'Just Once' or 'Forever'
  • You will always need click 'Just Once'
  • In the Jabber application, make a call
  • Click 'Transfer'
  • In the native phone dialler application, dial the number that you wish to transfer
  • Click on the native dialler call button (the big green button)
  • Now select 'Complete action using Cisco Jabber' and click 'Just Once'
  • Jabber will complete the transfer

Thanks hanlykent. My "Phone" Application has the "Clear Defaults" greyed out. I can't click on that. Is there any other place to force the dialer to ask use Jabber application or not?

Thanks.

Lou

I have the same issue. I cleared the defaults on the Android Phone Application but when I try to transfer/add call the Android dialpad doesn't still give me a option to select Jabber or mobile network.