Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Bronze

App dial rules questions

We have a centralized CUCM cluster servings offices around the world.  Jabber seems to depend on the App Dial Rules mechanism of CUCM in order to help normalize phone number dialing in the client and its various integration points/flows.

The problem with this, is that App Dial Rules do not support anything past "number of digits".  This causes quite a bit of headache when trying to configure them against non-NANP numbering schemes.

My questions are, can anyone recommend a good strategy to support app dial rules globally, and if not, is Cisco working to make this functionality better by adding regex support in the dial rules?

1 REPLY

Re:App dial rules questions

I have the same problem. I'd very much like to see more advanced dial rule capability I'm CUCM. Regex support would be wonderful.

For example, in our directory, many of our phone numbers are listed as [E.164 #Ext]. That is to say, the full number followed by octothorpe and the extension. I'd like to have a rule to remove the extension part, but it doesn't seem possible.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

Views
Helpful
Replies