cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Are these two bugs or feature requests?

Paul McGurn
Level 6
Level 6

I've found two things in the behavior of how Jabber handles two specific policy attributes of jabber-config.xml.

Jabber version is 9.2.3

Policies > Meetings_Enabled

Using the Meetings_Enabled policy, I thought, would remote all the Webex-related stuff from the UI.  It doesn't.  If there is nothing configured on CUPS, and it's hard-disabled in the jabber-config.xml, why are these items still present in the UI?  They are in the Communicate menu option, as well as the right-click menu for a contact. 

Policies > enableLocalAddressBookSearch

The searching of Outlook contacts by default does work, however, I've yet to figure out the intended way of allowing an end user to add something from the search to the contacts list.  When right-clicking an Outlook-based search result, there's no context menu like there is from a result of a directory search contact.  Is that a bug, or am I missing something?

3 Replies 3

coflaher
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

On the second part, the Outlook user needs to have an IM address to be added to the buddy list.

So what about people NOT reachable via IM, such as customers, resellers, etc. that are not on our presence platform?  Do we have to add a fake IM address to each of them in order to have them be add-able to the Jabber "buddy" list?  That will lead to confusion, because in doing so, you unintentially provide the false sense of ability in being able to IM that person when double-clicking their name in the list.

This is a feature called Pizza guy. This feature gives you the ability to add contacts to your buddy list that don't have IM address's. This is coming in a future release.