Views
Helpful
Replies

Ask the Experts

ciscomoderator
Community Manager
Community Manager

Read the bioWith Maqsood Mushtaq

Welcome to the Cisco Support Community Ask the Expert conversation. This is an opportunity to learn about Jabber Clients with Cisco expert Maqsood Mushtaq.

Maqsood Mushtaq is a software engineer at Cisco in the Clients and Mobility Business Unit in Galway. Currently he provides support/bug fixes for Cisco Unified Personal Communicator (UPC) 8.x and Cisco UC Integration for Microsoft Office Communicator/Lync as well as Cisco Jabber for Windows. This includes setup, configuration, tracking customer feedback, and maintenance releases. He has over three and half years of experience in working with Cisco Unified Communications applications, including work as a developer on Visual Voicemail for Cisco IP Phones, Cisco Phone Designer, and Cisco UPC 8.x. He has also worked with Java MIDlets, C#, .NET, Windows Presentation Foundation, and InstallShield.

Remember to use the rating system to let Maqsood know if you have received an adequate response. 

Maqsood might not be able to answer each question due to the volume expected during this event. Remember that you can continue the conversation on the Collaboration, Voice and Video sub-community   discussion forum shortly after the event. This event lasts through June 15, 2012. Visit this forum often to view responses to your questions and the questions of other community members.

97 Replies 97

Hi Md, 

This is currently planned for the 9.1 release in late Q3 this year. 

Thanks,

Maqsood

Md Hasan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Thanks again Maqsood!

Hi Maqsood,

Sorry, but another question, does Click to Call that comes with jabber will work with Outlook 2010, if MOC (Microsoft Office Communicator) is installed on the same PC?

Thanks

Hi Md,

Having MOC and Jabber for Windows on same PC is not a supported configuration. Both use same API for outlook integration so Click to Call may not work very well with Jabber.

Thanks,

Maqsood

Thank you again for very insightful information.

Md Hasan

Hi Maqsood

currently we face the following issues, should it be a bug? or configuration issue on CUPS?

1. when A call B (both are Jabber), B didn't answer, A disconnect the call be4 reaching B‘s voice mail. on B's desktop, right hand corner, shows a notification windows. pls check the attached screenshot.

each missing call produce one windows, it keeps rolling up, the "answer" button is grey out, there is no way to close the windows unless exit Jabber.

2. we install the Jabber on windows 7 enterprise 64 bit, and the whole system is running on top of xendesktop. we can add contact, but not able to delete it. even if we run Jabber by using "run as administrator", still not able to delete the contact. the Windows 7 which Jabber is running on is part of AD domain. I have another notebook, which is not part of the AD domain, login the Jabber using the exactly same user info, is able to delelte the contact. any idea how this is happening?

any input would be appreciated. thanks

Yuke

Hi Yuke,

Both 1 and 2 have not been reported before and require further investigation. Please open support cases with Cisco TAC for further assistance.

Thanks,

Maqsood

Alexander Heym
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Md,

Is there any plan to import localy stored outlook contacts,

and or do a calling number lookup in personal address book of outlook and present the names?

or maybe even import contacts from social networks?

Thanks

Alex

Hi Alex,

I believe the calling number lookup happens via Directory Lookup Rules in call manager mostly (Phone number to name coversion). Not sure if Jabber for windows looks into personal address book after that.. most likely it does.

Alkesh Patel
Level 1
Level 1

In the Status tab, is there a way to set the default "inactive for" time to 5 instead of 15?  Is there a bulk edit tool?

Hi,

You can set the away timer from File-> Options-> Status-> Show me as 'Away' when inactive for --- minutes.

Is there a bulk edit tool for setting away timer? No, this is set per client.

Thanks,

Maqsood

Alkesh Patel
Level 1
Level 1

Why do my users who have numbers for usersIDs not resolve their names in my contact list?  Most of my users have alphabetic userID's, but some of the old users have only numbers, 60, 23, 40 for example.

Do these users actually have a display name or nick name in directory?

They do have their Display Name field populated with Last, FirstName.  I have seen that one in a while, it will show the users correct name, but then it goes back to 60@nexsenpruet.com for example.  Probably lasts only a few minutes and its a rare occurance.

Please open a support case with Cisco TAC to get further assistance with this problem.

Thanks,

Maqsood

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: