cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Bad Outgoing Voice Quality with Jabber Call and Remote Desktop

TitaniumLion
Level 1
Level 1

When I use Jabber to make a call while using Remote Audio from Remote Desktop, my outgoing voice quality is unintelligible. I can hear incoming audio just fine. It should not be my microphone, as I also utilize Webex and other Go To Meeting type applications, all that use Remote Audio and have no quality issues with it. It is only Jabber calls.

Currently I amusing Jabber Version 11.8.4 Build 52954.

I am accessing Jabber via Remote Desktop. My setup while working from home is that I use my home PC to Remote Desktop to my work provided laptop. I do this to save the money on buying a bunch of switches (display port / usb / hdmi / etc) so that I can work on my larger monitors without having to plug/unplug everything every time I start / get off work.

Any help would be appreciated.

1 Reply 1

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
What you’re attempting is not support or tested by Cisco so there is no tried-and-true advise to offer here. While Jabber supports proper VDI solutions from Citrix and VMware, audio/video requires the use of VXE where the soft phone actually registers from the thin client - the VDI server only runs Jabber for the UI and IM&P functionality.