Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

BE 3000 with Jabber (for Mac) and webex connect integration problems

Hi,

This is my first question on the forum so please be gentle!

I have a customer who has a Business Edition 3000 and they have purchased WebEx connect and Jabber integration to go with it.

My problem is I am having difficulty getting the setup to work and I have a number of questions on how to set this up.  Most of the docs on Cisco's website seem to be related to either CUCME or full CUCM, but not a lot on BE 3000.  My questions are below:

1.  I have been reading the documentation for WebEx connect and it states to set the IP address of the BE 3000 server in the Configuration>Additional Services>Unified Communications>Voicemail tab.  This is currently on the network with a 192.168.x.x address however.  My predecessor put this IP address in the WebEx configuration page but I'm not sure this will work with a private IP as I don't know how this communicates back.  The documentation isn't very clear on this.  Does this have to be a public IP address / FQDN for it to work?

2.  Are there any SRNDs for this type of setup that could help?  Again, looking through the website hasn't turned anything up yet.

Note: 

we are using the following software:

Jabber for MAC:

uc-client-mac-8.6.7.20127.fcs.zip

MAC OS:

OSX 10.8.3

BE 3000:

MCS7890C1-BE8

8.6.4.10000-15.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Regards,

Jason