cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

BFCP in 10.6? What changed??

Frank P
Level 1
Level 1

Can someone help me understand the new feature in Jabber Guest 10.6? The release note for 10.6 says BFCP is now supported, which is to receive screen sharing, but I always had this feature available. For instance, I can dial to a multipoint or point to point video call and I would see their content when being shared. I am unsure what this new change means. Thanks in advance! 

New Features

Receive Screen Share

Receive screen share (Binary Floor Control Protocol [BFCP]) on Cisco Jabber Guest web and mobile clients.

G722 Codec Support

G722 codec support for Cisco Jabber Guest web and mobile clients.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Christopher McAlpin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Frank prior to Jabber Guest 10.6, starting a screen share (or presentation from a hardware device) will invoke a MCU which combines the content and video in to one stream for the Jabber Guest client.

With Jabber Guest 10.6, you can receive remote party video and a BFCP screen share, two separate streams and view both the remote party and the content at the same time or toggle between the remote share and content share.

Hope that helps.

-Christopher

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Jitender Bhandari
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Frank,

Not sure what version of Jabber you were using before.

But BFCP was not supported the below BUG confirms the same.

https://tools.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCur34244/?reffering_site=dumpcr

HTH

JB

Christopher McAlpin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Frank prior to Jabber Guest 10.6, starting a screen share (or presentation from a hardware device) will invoke a MCU which combines the content and video in to one stream for the Jabber Guest client.

With Jabber Guest 10.6, you can receive remote party video and a BFCP screen share, two separate streams and view both the remote party and the content at the same time or toggle between the remote share and content share.

Hope that helps.

-Christopher

Hi cmcalpin,

Perfect explanation! one stream was being sent which is the reason why you can't control the size or location of the content being shared. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: