Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Change default meeting reminder pop-up value

Hi!

I want the value "Display meeting reminders as pop-ups" to be unchecked by default for new users. It can be found under..

File-->Options-->Meetings

If I uncheck it manually the line in the file jabberLocalConfig.xml is added

<userConfig value="MeetingActReminderDisable" name="dmeetingactreminderkeyjohndoe@domain.com"/>

The problem is that the line contains my username (above it's johndoe@domain.com so how can I make this a default setting perhaps in the file
jabber-config-defaults.xml?

I'm currently on version 9.2.                  

2 REPLIES

John,

I will find this is going to be tricky, I ran a deployment where customer wanted calendar integration on by default.

You can do that by altering this straight in the DB, similiar like:

run sql update enduser set enablecalendarpresence='t' where mailid like "%

I can imagine your requirement can be achieved in the same way, can you raise it with Cisco, they should be able to tell you what to set in the DB  (although it is not supported).  still you will need to run that line for each individual user, unless you script it.

sorry I cant be any more specific

=============================
Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below. 

=============================

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

Hi!

Thanks for the answer. That could be a way forward. What I'm thinking is that what happens when helpdesk add a new user. Would we have to run a SQL Update line? Script it is maybe simpler since it can be linked to starting the Jabber executeable. Picking up the logged in username is easy and then insert a line. Powershell and .net have built-in xml support.

Thanks for your reply

Anyone else having any ideas?

/Jonn

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content