cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Change IP of Jabber Guest server

Mike Assel
Level 4
Level 4

Has anyone had success in changing the IP address of the Jabber Guest server using the command line as described here?

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/Guest/10_0/icg/JABC_BK_J0FC634A_00_jabberc-installation-and-configuration-guide/JABC_BK_J0FC634A_00_jabberc-installation-and-configuration-guide_chapter_0111.html#JABC_TK_CA9A2444_00

I have followed these directions but the server continues to used DHCP.  Not sure what I'm doing wrong.  Thanks, Mike

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Mike Assel
Level 4
Level 4

I fixed it.  The network.config.sample file had the example domain and host name options defined with quotation marks.  Initially I included those quotation marks.  Once I took them out then the static network settings took.

View solution in original post

Thanks for the information,

I just ran into the same issue with version 10.5, however, fixing it took:

1. dchp value: False (no " marks)
  2. domain and hostname between " marks.
  3. the rest of the values in IPv4 no " mark (did not implement IPv6)

Regards

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Mike Assel
Level 4
Level 4

I fixed it.  The network.config.sample file had the example domain and host name options defined with quotation marks.  Initially I included those quotation marks.  Once I took them out then the static network settings took.

Thanks for the information,

I just ran into the same issue with version 10.5, however, fixing it took:

1. dchp value: False (no " marks)
  2. domain and hostname between " marks.
  3. the rest of the values in IPv4 no " mark (did not implement IPv6)

Regards

Thanks Humberto.  Just got around to installing a 10.5 JG server and I had the same issue as you.

Once the network.config file is updated with IP etc. how do I save and exit vi editor on Jabber guest?

Thanks

Here is a link on how to do it.

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=how%20to%20exit%20and%20save%20vi

Thanks Mike that worked!

the easiest way via cli is to use the ifconfig command