cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Community Member

Cisco Jabber 9.7.1 for Windows - adding contacts

Hi everybody,

i'm configuring cisco jabber 9.7.1 for our client and i noticed an unwanted behaviour when adding contacts from client. I suppose it's due to

something incomplete in my configuration. Here a brief description of the environment i developed :

- Cisco CallManager v9.1 integrated with Cisco IM & Presence v9.1

- Cisco CallManager synchronized with M. Active Directory (LDAP), all users imported in CUCM's local DB and passwords authenticated against M. Active Directory

- I have not configured anything about LDAP mapping in IM & Presence Administration, up to now

Users can login successfull. When they try to add contacts, they have to search by USER-ID, this is because we map sAMAccountName in CUCM's

User ID field - i suppose.

Now, in Active Directory  sAMAccountName is filled with a freshman, that is hard to remember.

I appreciate if someone can suggest a way to search a contact by means of another field (for example surname) instead of user id.

thanks

marco

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cisco Employee

Read and try this before

Read and try this before anything else

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/Windows/9_7/JABW_BK_C4C679C9_00_cisco-jabber-for-windows-97/JABW_BK_C4C679C9_00_cisco-jabber-for-windows-97_chapter_0111.html

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdi
7 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Do you have proper contact

Do you have proper contact resolution on J4W????

Do you see JIDs?? or the name and surname??

Your own ID on top of Jabber, is it JID??

HTH

java

www.cisco.com/go/pdi
Community Member

Hi Jaime,i see JID that is

Hi Jaime,

i see JID that is sAMAccountName@domain.

i'd like to search and then add contacts filling the label with surname or email id .

bye

marco

Cisco Employee

Fix you contact resolution to

Fix you contact resolution to your LDAP and you'll get just that, what you're seeing right now is expected as the fact you get JID and not the friendly username, means you're not looking at LDAP.

Right now you're also unable to dial, assuming you have softphone or deskphone control, from jabber as the DNs for the contact, are also brought over with the contact resolution from LDAP.

Make sure you have SRVs, or manually configure the integration in jabber-config.xml.

HTH

java

www.cisco.com/go/pdi
Community Member

Thanks for your quick reply

Thanks for your quick reply,

but what do you mean with ''Fix you contact resolution to your LDAP'' ?

and how can i accomplish this?

sorry but i'm not familiar with cisco jabber

bye

Cisco Employee

Read and try this before

Read and try this before anything else

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/Windows/9_7/JABW_BK_C4C679C9_00_cisco-jabber-for-windows-97/JABW_BK_C4C679C9_00_cisco-jabber-for-windows-97_chapter_0111.html

HTH

java

www.cisco.com/go/pdi
Community Member

ok i'll give a look at the

ok i'll give a look at the document and i'll let you know

thanks

Community Member

I got proper contact

I got proper contact resolution with UDS configuration under Service Profile. Now i can search and add contacts by editing email ID.

thanks a lot

marco

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content