Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Users might experience few discrepancies in Search results. We are working on this on our side. We apologize for the inconvenience it may have caused.

Cisco Jabber Chat Options

We are implementing Cisco Jabber 10.5.2.    In the Chat options, is there a way to disable the attachment feature?   (Represented by the paperclip in the options area).   We would like to roll out the deployment with this option disabled.

Thanks for any info you can provide.

Vikki Fordham

IT Help Desk - GOJO Industries, Inc.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

in the jabber-config.xml file

in the jabber-config.xml file ensure the following is set:

<Policies>

<File_Transfer_Enabled>false</File_Transfer_Enabled>

</Policies>

4 REPLIES

Hi,yes you can disable file

Hi,

yes you can disable file transfer in chat window by removing it from the XML structure.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/10_5/CJAB_BK_D6497E98_00_deployment-installation-guide-ciscojabber/CJAB_BK_D6497E98_00_deployment-installation-guide-ciscojabber_chapter_01001.html

HTH

Anas

don't forget to rate the helpful posts

Can you tell me what this

Can you tell me what this feature is called?    I have looked through the options for the .xml file, but there are so many fields!    Also, how is the .xml file used for Cisco Jabber installations that are through webexconnect, and not on premise?

Thank you for your help.

in the jabber-config.xml file

in the jabber-config.xml file ensure the following is set:

<Policies>

<File_Transfer_Enabled>false</File_Transfer_Enabled>

</Policies>

Thank you for your response. 

Thank you for your response.    I did find that our Cisco WebexConnect Administrator needs to set this within the Administration Tool by setting up the policy.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content