Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Jabber client installation issue

subramv13
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to install Jabber Client 9.6(1) with this installation command

msiexec.exe /i CiscoJabberSetup.msi /quiet CLEAR=1 AUTHENTICATOR=CUP CUP_ADDRESS=1.2.3.4

but it didn't set account type as cisco IM & Presence instead it stays in Automatic

Capture.PNG

Is there any correct property to set it to Cisco IM & Presence as account type. Thanks for your help.

2 Replies 2

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

That is the correct, documented structure of the command so I'm unsure why it didn't work. Have you considered doing DNS SRV records instead? It's both the recommended and far easier way to get this done.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/Windows/9_6/InstallConfig/JABW_BK_CDFE9752_00_installation-and-configuration/JABW_BK_CDFE9752_00_installation-and-configuration_chapter_0100.html#JABW_CN_S8703698_00

If DNS really isn't an option for you, you could also consider creating an MST file using ORCA and using that instead of manual CLI switches.

If CLI switches are really your only option and no one has a better idea, try an older release (e.g. 9.2.6) just to see if it ever works. Depending on the outcome, it may be time for a TAC case.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

j-lehmann
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

we have the same problem with CLI switches. Have you solved the problem?

regards

joerg