Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Jabber DNS issue

I'm trying to add SRV records for jabber, the clients connect only if I define IM&Presence server option as defaut. If left automatic it still says cannot communicate with the server. Is there any solution. I've checked the resolution with NS lookup and it works fine. And if I track it with wireshark the client send query for uds and get responce but don t send cuplogin request.

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If there is _cisco-uds, it's expected it won't try any other SRV, see figure 1

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/11_8/cjab_b_planning-guide-jabber-118/cjab_b_planning-guide-jabber-118_chapter_0100.html

Is all the CUCM and IM&P config in place for that device to register as a full UM? or what are you using? IM only??

Have you looked at the PRT to see what is happening?

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

I'm only using IM&P and obviously the client don't send the cuplogin request to the DNS, please refear to screenshots, now if i leave the config to automatic it says cannot find services and I set it to

Cisco IM& Presence as default it works fine.

If you want to use the client as IM only, enable the client for IM on CUCM, and only configure the IM service in the service profile.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Which mode do you have Jabber running; Full-UC, IM-Only or Phone-Only? According to your debugs, the failed output didn't include _cuplogin whereas the successful output did... kinda suggesting the _cisco-uds SRV doesn't work. If you want to use UDS, check your configs and make sure the service is enabled.