cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Jabber for Android 4 (Ice Cream Sandwich)?

PauliRiikonen
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm curious to know if there are any plans to make an Android 4 version of the Cisco Jabber client. If so, do you have any estimates on release date?

Best regards,

Pauli

27 Replies 27

Petrus,

I mis quoted the Kernel version - it is 4.0.4 on the HTC (see screen shot) and I still cannot get Jabber to work.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Same on Motorola Droid4 version 4.0.4

Danger.

Petrus Botes
Level 1
Level 1

How does the setup on the CallManager look?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

Petrus Botes
Level 1
Level 1

Also see that there is a new Jabber v9 out released 17/08/2012. You have to uninstall the old version before installing the new one. It does however not see it as an upgrade as it looks like they published it as a seperate app.

It supports a few more phones but not as much as I hoped for.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

Petrus,

I installed the new 9.0.1 Jabber client and unfortunately still have the same issue......

Is it worth opening a TAC case for this issue?

My S3 also has the same error.   Hopefully Cisco updates the Jabber app to address this issue.

Vivek Mathur
Level 1
Level 1

So the Case with TAC came to nothing. Tehy finally came back with the list of the 3devices that they support and nothing more. Here's their response:

"This is a follow up to our conversation over the phone. I apologize for the inconvenience with regard to the compatibility of the Jabber for Android client. I hope that I have provided the support that you expected. Below is the link to the release notes which talks about the supported devices with Jabber for Android -

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/Android/8_6/Cisco_Jabber_Android_8_6_4_RN.html#wp46650 

"Requirements for users and devices

The following Android devices are supported:

*Samsung Galaxy S International (GT-I9000) with Android 2.2.1 or 2.3

*Samsung Galaxy Tab International (GT-P1000) with Android 2.2.1 or 2.3

*Samsung Galaxy S II (AT&T) with Android 2.3"

I will resolve this case now, but don't hesitate to contact GTC or contact me directly
  anytime if you have any further issues. Thanks again for all your time and patience.
It was a pleasure working with you."

It was more than a little disappointing to say the least!

Petrus Botes
Level 1
Level 1

I see my Jabber Android updated last night.  Anyone maybe got an idea of what else was fixed except the what is said in the app section?

The new update does not fix anything on the HTC One X or the Samsung S3. The support still applies to:

Samsung Galaxy Nexus running Android Version 4.0.4

Samsung Galaxy S II (AT&T) running Android Version 2.3

Samsung Galaxy S II SC-02C (NTT Docomo) running Android Version 2.3

Samsung Galaxy S i9000 (model number GT-I9000) running Android Version 2.3

Samsung Galaxy Ace (model number GT-S5830L) running Android Version 2.3

Samsung Galaxy Tab international version (model number GT-P1000) running Android Version 2.3

Given CISCO's responsiveness so far, I am giving up and concluding that this perhaps going the way of the CIUS tablets for CISCO.

From a corporate standpoint, I think we need to look for other options!

risilver
Level 1
Level 1

Many many standards-based SIP apps out, and they can't make this work on vanilla android? Seems very strange. Very disappointing too.

wozzlegummich
Level 1
Level 1

I cannot believe CISCO only supports a handful of Android handsets. Android now had 80% of the market vs IOS. We run over 400 android phones worldwide yet we can only connect a few of them which are nearing E.O.L.

Come on CISCO - lift your game.

Can any other client be used? Maybe Xabber?

Hello,

I can't register on cucm with the last version of jabber 9.1.3

I've test a ES version of jabber it works with sony Xperia T on android 4.1.2.

I've downloaded this version here :

http://www.firewall.cx/downloads/cat_view/167-cisco-tools-a-applications.html

Cisco Jabber Client for Android 4.0.4 (ice cream sandwich) and 2.3 (gingerbread).

Release Date:

10 October 2012

Version:

This  version has been released for users who are experiencing registration  problems with Cisco Jabber from Google Play Store. It contains a bug fix  that allows your Android phone to connect and register to CallManager  Express. 

I have a 7" Android Tablet (Tesco Hudl for folks in the UK) that's running 4.2.2. With CUCM 8.6(2) and client version 9.1.4 I have the following issues:

• No menu once the app is installed so no way to quit the app without forcing quit and no way to change settings without uninstalling!
  • Although it registered with CUCM there are no calls possible in either direction (monitored using wireshark and outgoing calls from the client start with a NOTIFY that is simply ignored)

I installed the Beta mentioned in Arnaud's reply above and that works perfectly (over 1 year old at the time of writing!)

If anyone technical at Cisco is reading this, can you possibly comment on the lack of support for Android tablets running 4.2.2 or later?

I tried version 9.1.4 of the client on a Nexus 7 running KitKat and that didn't even run without crashing. Very poor.