Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Jabber for Android Configuration URL issue

mguguvcevski
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Community, 

Few days ago I was testing and configuring a Jabber for Android client on a Samsung S4 device, where the ServicesDomain differs from the VoiceServicesDomain. 

The client has to work only through Expressway Edge, hence the first time login for both IMP and UCM services is always accomplished through the mobile and remote access configured collaboration edge. 

I configured the Jabber for Android Configuration URL and an HTML file, that I pushed to the Android devices, opened it with Mozilla Firefox, selected the link, Jabber for Android came to the foreground, but it was not pre-configured successfully. 

The Configuration URL is the following:

ciscojabber://provision?ServicesDomain=private.domain&VoiceServicesDomain=public.domain

Private domain is the JID (SAMAccountName@DefaultDomain) public domain is where the Internet accessible SRV record for collaboration MRA  is.

The http file I open on the Android devices with Mozilla Firefox is this one:

<!DOCTYPE html>

<html>

<body>

<a href="ciscojabber://provision?ServicesDomain=private.domain&VoiceServicesDomain=public.domain">Jabber config</a>

</body>

</html>

Unfortunately, the client does not accept this configuration, and it continues searching for the edge SRV record for private.domain.

Anyone had a similar issue ?

0 Replies 0