cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Jabber for Iphone registration Issue with SIP Digest Authentication

jilfersalam
Level 1
Level 1

Cisco Jabber for Iphone does not register after enabling SIP Digest Authentication.

CUCM version is 8.6.2a, Cisco jabber tested is the 8.6.1 as well as then new version 8.6.2 which got release 2 days back.CUCM in integrated with Microsoft AD.

SIP secuirty profile is created as per the document for manual password entry.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/iPhone/8.6/JABI_BK_J29330BB_00_jabber-for-iphone-admin-guide_chapter_011.html#JABI_TK_EF91E285_00

When standard security profile is used, cisco jabber registers Call Manager without any issues.But when the Secuirty porfile is used it fails with error invalid Credentials.

Does  SIP Digest Authentication require any special characters or special PIN or port in firewall??

Anybody faced this issue??

4 Replies 4

rfiorino
Level 1
Level 1

I have the same problem.........CUCM Version 7.1.5 and the last Cisco Jabber.

wsu.david.snook
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

I have a similar issue:

I created a SIP security profile requiring digest authentication - as in the document linked by jilfersalam. 

Jabber registers with CM without any issues using the user id and password.  Then I touch the "delete the account" in settings and restart Jabber.  I set Jabber->Settings->Internet Calling->Use Authentication to OFF - with the device security profile in CM still requiring digest authentication, Jabber client connects to CM with no credentials entered (only the device ID and CM address).

With Jabber->Settings->Internet Calling->Use Authentication set to ON it appears that the credentails are checked:  For example, if I enter the incorrect password or user id CM will not allow Jabber to connect.

CM 8.6.2  Jabber 8.6.1

user profiles from LDAP sync.

David Snook

David,

If you haven't already resolved the issue you were having, try the following:

Navigate to the device configuration page:

1.) Under "Protocol Specific Information" select the appropriate user from the "Digest User" drop-down.

2.) Under "Product Specific Configuration", set "Enable SIP Digest Authentication" to "Enabled"

3.) Under "Product Specific Configuration", Set the SIP Digest Username to the appropriate username.

I did some more testing on this using the scenarios in my previous post.

It appears that Jabber retains the digest credentials even if you delete the account, and re-enter it without credentials.  I feel confident that CUCM is requiring authentication from the Jabber client, even if the process does not behave as I feel it should.

jilfersalam,  I verified the document you link - my configurations are the same.

David Snook

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: