cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

cisco Jabber for video call ?

ShimjidGSE
Level 1
Level 1

Please anybody clarify, whether cisco jabber 8.6 (for iphone,ipad Or Android)  supporting video call with Callmanager. We have  Cisco Callamanger Business Edition5000  version 8.0(3a). If not, Is there any other solution to work cisco jabber video call with Callmanager. please note we don't have any telepresence devices.

Any support from the experts would be highly appreciated.

17 Replies 17

Hi

It works with 8.6 version

Ciso Ipad Video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNRL9sSuQCw

Regards

Philippe

Thank you philippe for the great support. it will be more helpful if u could provide below info also.

1. Can we do this with Cisco callmanager only (without VCS server) ?

2. Version u specified(8.6) is Cisco Jabber or Callmanager ?

3. Which version of ipad it support ?

4. What about iphone, ipod and android devices ?

BR, Shimjid.

Hi

1. It works without VCS

2. 8.6 is the version on Call and on the client side

3. I did not try all my ipads, I only tried it with version 2 not the latest one

because I dont have dont have 3g on my latest ipad, but you are right

the result should be better due to the new cam, I will try it.

My customer wanted to see it in 3g in a construction

I did not try Iphone, in my opinion it would be difficult to use with a small screen size

I will try it anyway, and I will let you know, I ve got other test to do first so dont

expect an answer next week

I dont have ipod or android devices.

Regards

Philippe~~

What device-type you used in CUCM8.6?

Regards

Select Iphone device

Philippe

BrianChernish
Level 1
Level 1

We have CUCM 8.6 installed in house and I have successfully connected iPhone and Droid phones, however I have been unable to get my iPad3 configured as an endpoint.  I have the most recent Jabber for iPad installed on the iPad but when I go to CUCM to add the device iPad is not one of the options.  I can add the iPad as an iPhone, but video is not an option.

Is there a device pack which I will need to add to CUCM?  I was under the impression that device support for iPad3 was included in the 8.6 release.

Thanks,

Brian

Thank you philippe for the detailed info..waiting to hear frm u more..

Brian, so u are able to make video call (usin Jabber) from iphone and android ? i added them to CUCM 8.6 bt video is nt working. Do we need any extra configuration for video support ?

@Shimjid - Brian had Jabber for iPhone installed on his iPad. This doesn't support video.

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

It seems Aaron is correct.  Interestingly enough, the iPad client I installed was in the iPad section of the App store and it was named differently than the one in the iPhone section.  The one in the iPhone section was specifically labled Jabber for iPhone.  The one I install was simply labled Cisco Jabber. 

Has anyone heard when Cisco will release the iPad application which does support video?

You can test the Beta version if you want to try the video part.

It works with Tandberg devices, cuva and 8941

Philippe~~

Ciso Ipad Video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNRL9sSuQCw

Hi,

This a Beta version contact your local Cisco support

Regards

Philippe

I also configured my ipad2 as an iphone

You need a specific software to have the video.

Regards

Philippe~~

Sent from my iPad

You will also have a chat button if the called party has a keyboard

It does no appear in my video.

Sent from my iPad

Hii..

Any idea about the release of Cisco Jabber for iPhone which support video. As per Release notes Jabber for iPhone 9.0(1) also not supporting video capabilities.

Best Regards,

Shimjid

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: