cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Jabber for Windows 10.5.1 - IM only screen share & desktop control

Chris Penny
Level 1
Level 1

I have run into a few instances when having a user share their screen with me that it can take up to a few minutes before I get the prompt on my computer to view their screen. In my Jabber contacts list I can see their status as Presenting when this happens.

I've also run into instances when I take control of the users screen in Jabber and the session is very "delayed". Sometimes the mouse pointer doesn't appear at all, other times it is very slow, other times it works just fine.

Has anyone else seen these issues?

Could this be hardware or network related or is it Jabber itself?

I've not been able to find much documentation on the IM only screen share feature.

Thanks!

3 Replies 3

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Chris,

You can try screen share and desktop control with a client PC connected to the same switch as yours ( same LAN / subnet ). If you still experience delays or other issues then this will likely be an issue on the software / hardware side, else it points to a network issue.

HTH

Manish

Thanks for the replay Manish.

I have noticed the issues while being connected to PCs connected to the same switch, as well as to PCs on other switches.

Andre Castro
Level 1
Level 1

I´m running into a similar issue. However, I cannot find any documents on how to tshoot this.

We notice that 1x1 screen share (same LAN) not only takes a bit to get brought up but also when it finally gets loaded, we get a blank screen for a quite some time. The funny thing is when sharing among, let´s say, 5 other people also in the same LAN, we don´t see much problems. Over WAN we do see a lot of delays when delivering each keyframe,for instance when there is some quick slide presentation changes.

And it´s pretty critical since Jabber is being compared to their current MS Lync deployment, and for their experience, Lync is much smoother.

Regards,

Andre

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: