Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Cisco Jabber for Windows - Create Contact

I've just upgraded to Jabber for Windows (9.0.1 Build 8802) having previously been using the CUPC 8.5.6 client.

With CUPC, I was able to add my own contacts in addition to importing from AD.  However, with the Jabber client, I am unable to add my own contacts - is this a "feature" or has this option been removed??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cisco Employee

Hey George,

If the above post help answer the question, please mark it answered.

Best Regards,

Jas

12 REPLIES

I think it will be released at a later time.  There is still some integration into Outlook that is not quite done yet.   IE, searching your contacts from Outlook.

Community Member

Re: Cisco Jabber for Windows - Create Contact

I hope it is so! We need to upgrade to version 8.6 after we tested CUPS 8.5 with Personal Communicator and we was

enthusiastic about this possibility.

I think it cannot be, that the new client has less possibilities that the older.

I have seen that in the user option page is possible to add contacts, but I can insert only "contact", "domain" and "alternate name". What are these fields supposed to be good for?

Community Member

External contacts are not supported in the latest version of Jabber. If you have them in CUPC and bring up Jabber they do not show up either, they are still there if you switch back to CUPC.

My understanding is there will be an update in the July/August timeframe and that feature will be added. But don't hold me to that, as I that is what I was told in the Beta.

Jabber is much better in some aspects, but it is also missing some features that where available with CUPC.

HTH,

Doug

Community Member

DOUG DAVIDSON schrieb:

My understanding is there will be an update in the July/August timeframe and that feature will be added.

Hi Doug!

Thank you for your reply.

I hope it is so! We will wait to see if this feature will be implemented and we will decide if install Cisco Jabber for Windows. The users needs to add contacts, to fast search and call they with click-to-call and we prefered CUPC as Microsoft Lync, also because in CUPC was possible to do this.

Regards,

Mirko

Cisco Employee

This feature is planned for the Cisco Jabber's upcoming release 9.1 in Q3.

Regards,

Jas

Cisco Employee

Hey George,

If the above post help answer the question, please mark it answered.

Best Regards,

Jas

Community Member

Hi Jas!

Any news about the release 9.1 of Jabber for Windows? Will this release needs an upgrade of CUPS to version 9.0?

Thanks,

Mirko

Community Member

I have installed and running Jabber 9.1.1 for Windows and I do not have the ability to add external/personal contacts.

May be in 9.1.2 which I was unable to run given it consistenly crashed upon login.  Using Webex Messenger Service in the Cloud for Presence.

Community Member

Installed 9.1.2 Build 12936

Was hoping to see the ability to add external contacts as the question was apparently answered by Jas last year.. "This feature is planned for the Cisco Jabber's upcoming release 9.1 in Q3"

We're still on version 9.1, but how many releases before we see this useful featire that was available in CUPC 8??

Community Member

Any news about this? My customer was not using CUPC but finds it extremely useful...

Thanks in advance,

Carmen

Community Member

So adding external contacts in 9.2 comes with a caveat, users must be using XMPP compatable client.  In addition there needs to be a Federation between your site and Google, AOL, etc.. at least that's been my experience.

Community Member

Thanks, Alan

I'd prefer something like just adding a phone number, but... :-(

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content