Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Cisco Jabber for Windows Resolves Wrong IM Address

Hi,

I have the following on-prem deployment:

CUCM: 8.6.2.20000-2

CUP: 8.6.3.10000-20

Cisco Jabber for Windows: 9.0(1) (also tested with 9.0(2))

Directory Integration Type: EDI (with MS AD 2003)

A problem occurs sometimes when a user adds another user to the contact list - the user is added with wrong IM address.

For example: the im address should be in the format user@domain.bg.

When a user adds this uid it shows as user@domain.com hence there is no presence information and the users are not able to chat with each other.

Other users add this particular uid correctly and it shows as user@domain.bg. This happens somewhat rarely and randomly.

In the CUPS user database the uid is correct so I'm concluding that for some reason the jaber client resolve the contact wrong.

Has anybody encountered similiar problem?

Regards,

Vladimir

5 REPLIES

Hi Vladimir,

Can you reproduce the problem and provide a problem report (Jabber -> Help -> Report a problem...) for further investigation. Please specify the contact that does not get added correctly and estimated time of incident in the description of report.

You can attach the problem report with this thread or email me directly.

Thanks,

Maqsood

Hi Maqsood,

I've uploaded the problem report and some additional information. The contact to look for is petar.rusev@telelink.bg. Before creating the problem I deleted all previous logs. I also attached the record in the CUPS database and the contact view from two other users - as you can see in my case the contact is recorded wrong.

Thanks,

Vladimir

Hi Vladimir,

Thanks for the logs. I will update the thread after investigation is complete.

Maqsood

Hi Vladimir,

Looks like we need a new problem report as previous one did not capture the issue (perhaps you did not restart jabber when you deleted and readded the client).

Please upload a new problem report as below:

1. Delete  user petar.rusev
2. Exit  jabber
3. Delete all  logs

4. Restart jabber and add user

5. Create problem report

Thanks,

Maqsood

Hi Maqsood,

currently the situation has resolved itself The recent actions I did were to change the domain name of the presence server to .com instead of .bg. I didn't realise that the contacts in the jabber client would not update automatically so I rollback the previous configuration. Anyway, after re-adding the users (this condition appeared for three separate users) everything is ok though I am not convinced that these changes are the reason for this.

Thanks for your help as for now I cannot provide logs for this issue. If I encounter it again I'll make sure to collect a problem report.

Regards,

Vladimir

Views
Helpful
Replies