Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Jabber for Windows with pre-populated Contact Groups and Lists

mguguvcevski
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

I searched all CUP 8.6 and Jabber for Windows administrator guides and was unable to find if I can pre-populate the Contact list in the client with selected contacts.

The idea would be, once the users install Jabber for Windows and login to CUP, they already have a number of groups and contacts in the Contact list.

Any thoughts ?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Muhammad Maqsood Mushtaq
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Following two sections in CUP 8.6 admin guide contain relevant information.

Bulk Export of User Contact Lists

Bulk Import of User Contact Lists

Thanks,

Maqsood

Import bulk contact lists

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

From what I have seen, the Contact List is a local configuration of the user's choosing.

That being said, I would guess that you could setup a user pc and have CUPC configured with the contact groups and the contact information.  Then find the associate folder and files on that PC and have then installed on each individual's PC once they have installed CUPC or Jabber.

Just be aware that the first version of Jabber for Windows does not allow a user to create their own entries.  All contacts must be from the Call Manager's Directory service, be that LDAP or AD.

This is likely to be addressed in the next release, at least that is what I am hoping for.

Hello Richard,

I already searched for somekind of file in the %APPDATA% and %LOCALAPPDATA% (on a Win7 machine) that would hold the details about the Contacts added to the Contact List but unfortunately I cannot find anything.

I also have to disagree with you on your second paragraph, because Cisco Jabber for Windows supports adding Groups and Contacts that are not in your CUCM synchronised LDAP agreement. All you need to do is navigate to File>New>Contact and add the contact you desire.

Muhammad Maqsood Mushtaq
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Following two sections in CUP 8.6 admin guide contain relevant information.

Bulk Export of User Contact Lists

Bulk Import of User Contact Lists

Thanks,

Maqsood

Import bulk contact lists

Thank you Maqsood.

That is the procedure needed.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: