Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Jabber Guest Deployment Questions

Vaijanath Sonvane
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

I have installed Expressway-C and Expressway-E servers for Jabber Guest deployment. In the Jabber guest installation document it is mentioned to configure Unified Communication Traversal Zone on Expressway-C and Expressway-E.

Can you please help me on below questions?

1. In case of MRA, we configure Expressway-E hostnames in internal DNS with public IP Address. Is this the same case when we deploy expressway servers for Jabber Guest?

2. Is NAT reflection required on firewall for expressway servers configured for Jabber Guest?

Thanks,

Vaijanath

Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution".
Thanks, Vaijanath S.

2 Replies 2

aneesh.abraham
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Vaijanath,

Have you implemented the expressways for jabber guest, I am also trying to configure expressway for jabber guest and the same query as yours. The document is not very clear on this.

1. do we need to configure NAT reflection on the firewall for expressway E

2. how the expressway C connect to the Edge server ( i have 1 NIC expressway edge server) with static NAT

Aneesh

Hi Aneesh

You can find the answer as below.

1. Is NAT reflection required on firewall for expressway servers configured for Jabber Guest?

Yes, you require NAT reflection for expressway to setup communication from external firewall to VCS control. As you know that Jabber Guest Client intiate HTTP ROAP to external IP of Edge.
Edge server tunnels the HTTP request to VCS control. So it is required to setup a NAT reflection.

2. how the expressway C connect to the Edge server ( i have 1 NIC expressway edge server) with static NAT

You need to configure Neighbour zone between Jabber Guest server and VCS- control and othe zone between CCM and VCS control.
After creating Zone you need to configure Search Rule between expressway c and CCM for call routing.

Regards,
Prassha3

Rate if you find this helpful

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: