Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Jabber - Logging with CUCM local account

Bobby Villegas
Level 1
Level 1

Guys,

I am having issues logging into Cisco Jabber 9.2 for Windows using a CUCM local account. Both CUCM and Cisco IM Presence applications are version 9.X. Let me add this also, I am trying to log into Jabber via VPN as well. My VPN connectivity is using SonicWall's NetExtender program. When I try to log into Cisco Jabber it errors out with " Cannot Communicate with the server ". I know its communicating because I will try a bogus password and it comes back and informs me that the username or password is incorrect..

I have tested my local account with the CUCM's user web page and the Cisco IMP's user page with no problem accessing them. The CUCM has both AD accounts (LDAP integration) and local accounts. The goal later is remove those local accounts that belong to users and have integrated to with AD.

Any ideas?

bvillegas

5 Replies 5

Fikri FIRAT
Level 5
Level 5

Hi,

We also have difficulties with a similar configuration, but let me ask a quick question first, how did you manage to create both local accounts and LDAP integrated accounts on the CUCM? Is it allowed on version 9.x? Apologies if that's an obvious question.

Regards,

Fikri

Fikri,

I am working with CUCM 9.1.1 and yes you can have both AD integration and have local accounts. I was able to log into Cisco Jabber via VPN this past Friday. The customer had to add a route into their SonicWall applicance and it worked from there. Now I am having an issue with not being able to see the directory via the same VPN connection. I will be working with the customer and the directory issue this week.

Bvillegas

So you might need to configure a XML file and uploaded to CUCM if you have not already, you can check the format here: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/Windows/9_2/JABW_BK_C9731738_00_jabber-windows-install-config_chapter_0101.html#JABW_RF_DE063FFA_00

You need to specify that you're using EDI for directory searches.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Oscar Chavarria.

anyone been able to solve this problem , it happens exactly the same.

Regards,

Fabián Marín

carlos_canepa_2
Level 1
Level 1

I´m having this issue on customer site, can´t log  with local user created on cucm.