Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Jabber - MRA

oilyas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

I am having some very strange issues with MRA. I have a cutomer who wanna deply MRA, so before i can proceed i am building the same envoirnment @ my work lab.

I am using CUCM 10.5 and Exp 8.2 Jabber client 9.7 and 10.5. Also as of now i am using Microsoft Self Signed Certificated because every thingbeing in test envoirnment.

Now coming to the point, When on the internet, i can login on my Jabber i can see i can connect to my expressway E, but unable to use CTI (soft phone) feature. Its telling me ccm CTI not vailable contact your Administrator.......

My im&p working, Unity is connected but obviuosly i cant access bcz of no CTI.

I got root certificated on my EXP-C, EXP-E and even on CUCM -- as CUCm Trust and Tomcat Trust.

Can some one please assist.

ManyThanks,

1 Reply 1

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

CTI has absolutely nothing to do with softphone, and is expected NOT to work, the MRA documentation clearly states it.

CTI is for DESKPHONE control, which is also stated in the MRA documents as NOT supported.

Softphone mode does not rely on CTI. It uses SIP to register.

CUC, once again, absolutely nothing to do with CTI, you need to white list the servers to which your users might also connect.

With that in mind, I would suggest you to review once again your config, make sure the traversal zone is up and running, DNS as required is configured, and all the necessary certificates and root certs are all installed in the relevant servers.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate